lunes, 5 de diciembre de 2016

Astronomy

Resultado de imagen para stars chile

I don’t know much about this topic, but I find it very interesting and complicated in the sense that investigates the universe, which I believe is one of the most difficult areas to study because it isn’t something tangible and many people think it's infinite.
Two years ago I went to Mamalluca Observatory located 9 kilometers Northwest of Vicuña in the region of Coquimbo.
I went with my dad and two cousins during the holidays and it was a fun trip, we bought the tickets in Vicuña and we had to wait two hours in Vicuña, and it was a little boring because it was 12 AM and there was nothing open and our tour started at 2 AM.
After a long wait we had to go to the observatory and this was very large and the sky looked beautiful full of stars.
When we first arrived the astronomers of the observatory gave us a talk about the universe and the earth, then we were taught to recognize different constellations (And the guide gave us a very powerful laser). We visited a giant telescope (It was the best part of the tour) in which we could saw Saturn (And it was amazing because I never thought I would see her rings). And finally we visited the museum and we returned to La Serena.

It was an incredible experience in which I could learn more about astronomy.

5 comentarios:

  1. How lucky ! :) I want to go mamalluca observatory!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I also went to Mamalluca Observatory, it´s very nice!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. wow! I want to see Saturn in a giant telescope too!!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I also had an experience with an observatory, but it was disappointing, because astronomers didn't want to be there.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. you have a great experience! I hope visit Mamalluca Observatory too

    ResponderEliminar